More about UC Browser
UC Browser for Android gives you a fast all-in-one web experience – an excellent Searching, Browsing, Downloading, Video, Gaming, Shopping and Social Sharing experience at the fastest speeds! Although its a competing browser having most of the required features but it doesn’t beat Chrome or Firefox as a best browser. If you are concerned with the file size, then you may try downloading UC Browser Mini.
Nowadays we have apps for almost all our surfing needs but a browser is a very vital requirement. In this post we will focus on UC Browser for easy surfing across all web platforms for android and IOS. Owned and operated by Alibaba, yes that is correct the online shopping giant from China. UC Browser steadily started its journey in 2004 initially offering availability for all mobile platforms from Blackberry OS to Symbian. But as time progressed its focus was retained on Android and IOS platforms for obvious reasons.
UC Browser for easy surfing
So in order check out how things work we downloaded the UC Browser’s latest version for android platform. Speed was definitely a factor compared to chrome for android. Below are some of the factors that we were able to compile and distinguish while testing the app.
Speed Factor and Pre-Loading
The team at UCWeb has kept things simple, keep it fast and keep it steady. If you have been a chrome user in the past the first feature that you will notice with the UC browser app will be its faster page loading speed. The secret behind this is the cloud acceleration and data compression technology which customizes the pages upfront before they load onto the browser, so you can open them instantly. You can say that the apps smaller footprint allows it to have faster loading speeds. Faster loading speed with UC Browser will not only save your time but with the data compression technology it will compress the data packets which will use less internet data and be easy on your data plan as well.
If you are a late night surfer then this feature is for you, many apps don’t come with an inbuilt night mode. But when surfing with the latest UC browser you will have the luxury of night mode. Night mode tends to be easy on the eyes when surfing or using your device in low light or after a hard day’s work when your eyes are already exhausted. In order to turn the night mode on, just click on the menu button which will pop up a few options and then click on the night mode. Once you click the night mode a brightness tracker will pop up which will enable you to adjust brightness while in night mode.
500 Million Downloads for Android
500 Million Downloads for Android devices was a recent success story that confirms UC browsers recent dominance. You might have already downloaded one in your device or might even be using it to read this article. UC browser has been spending massive amounts on adds and marketing, promoting its brand via play-store and all other mediums. But this is a big feet compared to other apps that provide similar services.
Privacy and Data Policy
We were able to find a few studies online which tested UC Browser for privacy flaws and Data breaching back-doors. Below are some of the links to the recent articles that have been released after testing the browsers data leaks.
Privacy and Security Issues with UC Browser A Chatty Squirrel: Privacy and Security Issues with UC Browser “Transmission of personally identifiable information and user search queries without encryption.
UC Browser Poses Security, Privacy Risks: Researchers “UC Browser is developed by Alibaba-owned.
Are UC Browser and UC Browser Mini safe? • /r/androidapps “UC Browser phones home and leaks user data
Important Privacy Points
Few of the most important points raised by different teams after their through checking of the browsers functioning:
- Location and user data, including IMSI, IMEI, and data about nearby cellular towers and Wi-Fi access points, are sent to Alibaba mapping tool, in the Chinese language version.
- UC Browser’s transmits personally identifiable subscriber data and user’s location data which presents a security and privacy risk for users.
- User’s data is retained on the device even after clearing the application’s cache.
- The primary concern is the retention of DNS lookup even after a user deletes their devices cache.
- The record of DNS lookup data would allow for a third party with access to the device to identify the websites that a user logs into.
In the end it all depends on the user and their mode of work. Some would go ahead and download the app regardless of all the factors. People normally prefer functionality over privacy at-least for now. UC Browser has been captivating users for since the time of Symbian devices upgrading itself on the way. The main privacy problems are usually associated with the Chinese version of the app other than that everything seems to be on spot.
Download via the above link and see it for yourself.
- Technical file information
- Package name: com.UCMobile.intl
- Version: 220.127.116.111 (50090)
- File size: 51 MB
- Updated: 2020-04-01 00:00:00
- Minimum Android version: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich, API 14)
- MD5: 58c9444138991192196e7d4a61a15d61
- SHA1: 886ec797ea43b5075430cc79ab73babab6f15153
- Older Versions of UC Browser:
- com.UCMobile.intl18.104.22.1682 (10474)
- com.UCMobile.intl22.214.171.1245 (10438)
- com.UCMobile.intl126.96.36.1997 (10414)
- com.UCMobile.intl188.8.131.525 (10404)
- com.UCMobile.intl184.108.40.2065 (10390)
- com.UCMobile.intl220.127.116.110 (10370)
- com.UCMobile.intl18.104.22.1685 (322)
- com.UCMobile.intl22.214.171.1240 (298)
- com.UCMobile.intl126.96.36.1998 (286)
- com.UCMobile.intl188.8.131.528 (280)
- com.UCMobile.intl10.10.8.820 (246)
- com.UCMobile.intl10.10.5.809 (242)